Chock full of veggies and mineral rich broth, this immune soup is tasty and good for you! Beans and vegetable broth can be substituted for chicken and bone broth making it a good vegan choice.
Photo credit: bigstockphoto.com/search/?contributor=oysy
Source: Eli Camp, ND
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 10 oz ground chicken can sub with beans
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 2 cups cabbage chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion large pieces
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 large carrots cut in bite-size pieces
- 3 med potatoes cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 8 cups bone or vegetable broth increase or decrease depending on preference
- 1 cup tomotaoes pureed
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Heat large soup pot for 10 min on med heat.
- Add oil, wait 2-3 min.
- Add ground chicken and saute for 7 min on medium heat.
- Add kale, cabbage, onion, garlic and celery and saute for 15 min.
- Add remaining ingredients: broth, pureed tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour. Stir every 10 min or so. Serve hot. Will keep for up to a week in fridge.
- Modifications: use black beans and vegetable broth for a vegan meal. If choosing this option, skip step 3.