This high fiber pumpkin puree soup is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin A, beta-carotene, mixed carotenoids, and minerals such as magnesium. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds to add a boost of immune enhancing zinc. Serve warm or chilled throughout the year.
Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3⁄4 cup water divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk (almond or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion top chopped
- 2 cups roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Don’t let onion dry out.
- Add remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and cook until hot.
- Don’t boil.
- Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with black pepper, green onion tops, and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Plan to Eat makes planning nutritious healthy meals for your family so easy! It’s just an easy click and drag to plan out weeks of healthy meals, and they give you a shopping list to match! Be sure to check out their website!