This healthy chocolate truffle is a great treat for Valentine’s Day. With a generous helping of cocoa powder, it contains many of the health benefits of chocolate. Share with family and friends. This recipe is Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free, Yeast free, and Corn free.
Main Ingredient: Chocolate
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Begin by melting the cocoa butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, and honey in a double boiler on the stove over low-medium heat.
- Once it’s melted, add in the vanilla extract and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, shredded coconut, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- Pour the melted mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once the mixture is fully combined, you can start rolling it into perfect bite size truffles of sweetness.
- You should get about 15-20 truffles depending on how big or small you make them.
- Then you can top them with whatever you like.
- We chose Goji berries, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, and carob powder.
- These healthy chocolate truffles are extremely delicious even without any toppings!
Plan to Eat makes planning nutritious healthy meals for your family so easy! It’s just an easy click and drag to plan out weeks of healthy meals, and they give you a shopping list to match! Be sure to check out their website!