Healthy Trail Mix
This healthy trail mix is unlike the trail mixes you find at the store: full of sugar, candy, and dried fruit that is chemically processed or coated in hydrogenated oil. To avoid the sugar and chemicals and still take advantage of the many health benefits of nuts, try making your own trail mix.
Course: Snacks and Sandwiches
Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 lb raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 lb raw, unsalted almonds
- 1 lb white raisins (check to be sure they are not coated in hydrogenated oil)
- 1 lb unsweetened, unsulfured dried pineapple rings
- Mix all ingredients in a large storage container. Make sure to tear the pineapple rings into bite sized pieces. You can add other fruit or nuts to taste (such as dried cranberries, walnuts, etc.). Just make sure to check the ingredients for added salt, sugar, and hydrogenated oil.
Plan to Eat makes planning nutritious healthy meals for your family so easy! It’s just an easy click and drag to plan out weeks of healthy meals, and they give you a shopping list to match! Be sure to check out their website for this healthy trail mix recipe and so many more!
Did you like this recipe? Check out this refreshing summer salad with mint!