Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash
Mediterranean Spaghetti squash is a great choice for incorporating a tasty, meatless meal into your weekly menu. Although it has a mild nutty flavor on its own, when you combine spaghetti squash with sautéed onions, olives, feta, and juicy tomatoes, it absorbs those flavors, resulting in a Mediterranean dish everyone will enjoy. This recipe makes a hearty, lunch or dinner. If going meatless isn’t your preference, pair this dish with fish or chicken.
Course: Main Course
Main Ingredient: Vegetables
- 1 3-4 pound spaghetti squash halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled organic feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced organic black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash on the baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake until you can poke a sharp knife into the squash with little resistance, about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven; set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion in oil until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook briefly, about 1 minute. You only want to warm the tomatoes.
- Use a large fork to shred the “spaghetti” from the squash and place the strands in a large bowl.
- Toss with the sautéed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Plan to Eat makes planning nutritious healthy meals for your family so easy! It’s just an easy click and drag to plan out weeks of healthy meals, and they give you a shopping list to match! Be sure to check out their website!
Have a sweet tooth? This Mixed Berry Salad has got you covered!